GPTLHB IS A MANDATORY VACCINATION ORGANIZATION THE EMPLOYEE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING PROOF OF INOCULATIONS BEFORE START DATE
Great Plains Tribal Leaders Health Board offers a variety of meaningful internships to undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of fields during the summer months. Take advantage of the unique opportunity to work with the tribal nations of the Great Plains, while learning valuable and transferable skills to jumpstart your career.
Students applying for and participating in the intern program must:
- Currently be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a student on at least a half-time schedule at an accredited college, university, or vocational-technical program (recent graduates will be considered on a case-by-case basis);
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Begin the internship with junior standing or above. If you attend a vocational/technical school, you must have at least completed the first year of your program, at least nine months, by the beginning of the internship;
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills;
- Agree to and abide by the rules and regulations of the intern program and GPTLHB policies and procedures; and
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing technology, including:
- Office software suite knowledge (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Email usage (sending messages and attachments)
- General internet usage (searching, downloading, etc.).