Great Plains Tribal Chairmen's Health Board is proud to accept community volunteers to help serve our tribal communities.
- Work in a cooperative and professional manner with GPTCHB staff.
- Treat Great Plains tribes and collaborators with dignity and respect.
- Utilize effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Exemplify excellent customer service with tribal stakeholders, health board colleagues, program partners, service recipients, visitors and guests.
- Foster a work environment of wellness, courtesy, friendliness, helpfulness and respect.
- Relate well and work collaboratively with coworkers and all levels of staff in a professional manner.
- Consistently demonstrate respect for and acceptance of differing capabilities, cultures, gender, age, sexual orientation and/or personalities.
- Maintain and ensure organizational privacy and confidentiality.
- Handle crisis and tolerate stress professionally.
- Be self-directed and take proactive initiative to assist others.
- Exercise flexibility to alter plans/routines when situations require and continue to perform without projecting stress/frustration that would adversely affect the work environment.
- Promote an alcohol, tobacco and drug-free lifestyle.
- Embrace modes of appearance and attire that reflect a professional presence.
- Abide by the GPTCHB policies, procedures, and structure.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The characteristic demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While volunteering, the volunteer is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The volunteer is often required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The volunteer must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The volunteer is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GPTCHB Health Services is not a latex free environment. Therefore, some latex exposure can be expected.
Travel: Local and moderate out-of-town travel is required, representing approximately 25% FTE.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.