GPTLHB IS A MANDATORY VACCINATION ORGANIZATION THE EMPLOYEE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING PROOF OF INOCULATIONS BEFORE EMPLOYMENT
Volunteer Opportunity Summary:
Members of the Native American Community Response Team (NACRT) are volunteers who respond and support families who are grieving after a death by suicide in the He Sapa Community. Members provide immediate on-scene crisis intervention and linkage to appropriate referrals.
Notes on Training: You do not need previous crisis response training. Training will be provided to all accepted members. Volunteers will feel confident in their abilities to provide support to people experiencing a critical traumatic event.
- Work in a cooperative and professional manner with GPTCHB staff.
- Treat Great Plains tribes and collaborators with dignity and respect.
- Utilize effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Exemplify excellent customer service with tribal stakeholders, health board colleagues, program partners, service recipients, visitors and guests.
- Foster a work environment of wellness, courtesy, friendliness, helpfulness and respect.
- Relate well and work collaboratively with coworkers and all levels of staff in a professional manner.
- Consistently demonstrate respect for and acceptance of differing capabilities, cultures, gender, age, sexual orientation and/or personalities.
- Maintain and ensure organizational privacy and confidentiality.
- Handle crisis and tolerate stress professionally.
- Be self-directed and take proactive initiative to assist others.
- Exercise flexibility to alter plans/routines when situations require and continue to perform without projecting stress/frustration that would adversely affect the work environment.
- Promote an alcohol, tobacco and drug-free lifestyle.
- Embrace modes of appearance and attire that reflect a professional presence.
- Abide by the GPTCHB policies, procedures, and structure.
- Must be at least 21
- Willing to work as part of a collaborative team
- Demonstrate active self-care
- Available to donate time
- Must be willing to volunteer one (1) weekday morning, afternoon, evening, or weekend shift a week.
- Must be willing to volunteer one (1) overnight shift a month.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check, drug screen, and fingerprinting.